Instructions for Daisy Hill residence halls
- Move-in instructions for Downs and Oliver are here.
- Corbin and GSP plus scholarship halls, can be found here.
Significant move-in day details:
- You are directed every step of the way by many staff members and great signage. Student volunteers will help you unload and move.
- The driver stays with the vehicle and is available to move the car at all times.
- It is not possible to unload trailers, RVs or U-Hauls.
- Anyone who has limited mobility should stay at the hall with the student. Do not travel to long-term parking. If concerns about mobility issues arise while in the hall, please contact a staff member. Staff members will be wearing either a blue KU Student Housing polo shirt or a red t-shirt that says "student housing" and "staff."
For announcements related to severe weather or other crisis during move-in day, tune to Kansas Public Radio at 91.5 FM. They will broadcast instructions if needed.
Before arrival, print a color copy of the boarding pass to your hall below. Write in the driver's cell phone number. Tape the permit flush to your windshield's driver side so Parking and Transit staff can see letter and color. The color coordinates with the map route.
Click an image below and a full-page pdf will open for printing.
You may also wish to label your boxes with this printable label. Please help by observing the arrival times schedule (and bringing your patience and a sense of humor!)
NOTE: THESE INSTRUCTIONS HAVE CHANGED SINCE LAST YEAR'S MOVE-IN ON DAISY HILL
ARRIVAL AT YOUR HALL
- If you have two vehicles, try to have the student arrive in the parking corral first so the student can check in and retrieve the room key as the car is being unloaded. Cars arriving before the student will be unloaded into carts by staff as we wait for the student to arrive.
- You will be directed to an unloading zone.
- Driver remains with the vehicle. A KU volunteer, recognizable by the red KU Student Housing shirt, helps unload. A volunteer stays with your belongings. The student enters the building to get a room key. Students who are traveling alone will receive help at unloading.
- As always, smoking (including e-cigs and vaporizers), pets and alcohol are prohibited in the halls, even on move-in day. Please break down boxes for recycling.
- First community meeting will be after 5 p.m. on move-in day. Posters in each hall announce times and locations. Here are other Hawk Week events.
The driver moves the vehicle to long-term parking at the Lied Center Lot 300.