Move in early, join Jay Squad and have opportunity to receive $500
KU Student Housing welcomes residents who want to move in before the official move-in day. You may be a returning resident or first-year student -- just submit your information below by Monday, July 31 to join Jay Squad.
Jay Squad members volunteer between 7 a.m. and 11 a.m., or between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., on August 17 to load carts and help students get to their residence hall rooms.
By volunteering to help with move-in you will be providing a valuable service to your classmates and their families. Jay Squad members are an integral part of move-in, often serving as one of the first KU representatives that incoming students meet.
Jay Squad members receive….
- All Jay Squad members may move in early for free. Move-in day for volunteers will be Aug. 16.
- Three members could receive a $500 room credit on their student housing account.
- T-shirt and a free meal.
- Meet new people and begin building a community and network of Jayhawks.
- Expand your knowledge of campus resources and services.
- Develop an even greater sense of Rock Chalk pride.
Volunteers must be able to work in the heat and humidity and be able to lift heavy items. We know you’ll want to welcome new Jayhawks with a friendly face and pleasant conversation! Here's what you'll do:
- Attend a mandatory orientation on Wednesday, August 16.
- Unload student vehicles.
- Move belongings to students' rooms.
- Direct parents and students to housing and campus resources.
- Have fun and enjoy the day.