Individual early move in for Jay Squad
KU Student Housing welcomes residents who want to move in early, then help other Jayhawks during move-in day. You may be a returning resident or first-year student -- just submit your information below by Wednesday, Aug. 1 to join Jay Squad.
By volunteering to help with move-in you will be providing a valuable service to your classmates and their families. Jay Squad members are an integral part of move-in, often serving as one of the first KU representatives that incoming students meet.
Jay Squad members receive….
- All Jay Squad members may move in early for free. Move-in day for volunteers will be Aug. 15.
- Participants who fulfill their shift are eligible for one of three $500 room credits on their student housing account.
- T-shirt and free food.
- Meet new people and begin building a community and network of Jayhawks.
- Expand your knowledge of campus resources and services.
- Develop an even greater sense of Rock Chalk pride.
Volunteers must be able to work in the heat and humidity and be able to lift heavy items. We know you’ll want to welcome new Jayhawks with a friendly face and pleasant conversation! Here's what you'll do:
- Attend a mandatory orientation on Wednesday, August 15.
- Unload student vehicles.
- Move belongings to students' rooms.
- Direct parents and students to housing and campus resources.
- Have fun and enjoy the day.