Scholarship Hall Strategic Planning Committee
KU Student Housing is establishing a Scholarship Hall Strategic Planning committee, chaired by the associate director of residence life, to guide the development of a plan that will identify goals or objectives for improvement, growth and development of the scholarship halls. The committee will present a plan for approval before the end of the 2018-2019 academic year to the Student Housing Advisory Board. The plan should include identification of needed investments to achieve the plan and its objectives, and metrics for assessing progress. Applications were accepted through September 12, 2018.
- The planning committee will share information and seek input throughout the planning process.
- The planning committee will value broad participation in the development of the plan, and strive to include all voices.
- The plan will be based on a collaborative effort at envisioning the future of the Scholarship Halls and honoring the history of the community.
Phase I: Engagement, information gathering, and planning
August 2018-October 2018
- Gather committee members & conduct strategic planning training
- Committee holds initial meetings, begins to identify initial priorities, initiatives, goals
- Information gathering via key campus partners and stakeholders
- Conduct data analyses
- Conduct Community Listening Sessions with residents, staff and alumni
Phase II: Identifying priorities, goals and objectives
October 2018-December 2018
- Generation of initial priority areas
- Refinement of draft vision, values, goals, and objectives
- Develop a draft of the plan
Phase III: Implementation/action plan completion
Spring 2019-Fall 2019
- Finalization and review of the strategic plan
- Implementation of plan
14 People Total & 1 Chair
Final committee appointment will be done by the director of KU Student Housing with consultation with the Student Housing Advisory Board and the associate director of residence life (committee chair).
- Complex Director of Scholarship Halls
- Current ASHC President
- *Scholarship Hall Director
- Faculty Member
- *Food Board Manager
- **Current resident
*A staff member must have supervisor approval prior to being slated to be on the committee and must remain in good job standing. Staff members who leave or are asked to leave their position will no longer be eligible to sit on the committee.
**Alumni and residents must apply to be on the committee.
Members of the Committee are asked to dedicate themselves throughout this process to the best overall interests of the Scholarship Halls. Members will reflect the campus community, and bring broad perspectives to the process. The Committee members should not intend to develop a plan based on personal aims and interests.
- Attendance at weekly meeting
- Active and consistent participation in the strategic planning process
- Participation in a strategic planning training workshop
- Participation on a subcommittee that may hold additional meetings
- Support or lead a focus group or listening session in the Fall and Spring
- Length of term is one academic year with the option to reapply or be reappointed
- Half-day retreat
- Weekly committee meetings (may be less after the initial meetings)
Occasional evening commitments to engage with focus groups or listening tours.