Jay Squad volunteer organizations
The sign-up time for Jay Squad has ended for 2016. Here is information about the program, in case you're considering joining us next year.
KU Student Housing welcomes registered student organizations to help greet new Jayhawks and their families on move-in day. This is a great time to earn money for your organization and spread the word about your organization to incoming and returning students.
Your group an earn up to $100 by loading carts and helping students get to their residence hall rooms. A single shift is available from 7:45 a.m. to noon, on Aug. 14, 2016 (for early arrivals, including sorority recruitment).
On Aug. 18, the day residents move in, two shifts are available from 7 a.m. - 11a.m. (arrival time 6:45 a.m.) and 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. (arrival time 10:45 a.m.).
Submit the form below to register by Friday, July 29.
As a Jay Squad member organization your group will receive
- A chance to win pizza and beverages for your first organization meeting.
- An exclusive opportunity to increase membership and a unique way to fundraise. (And every volunteer that day gets a free Student Housing T-shirt).
- If your group signs up and works the shift with 15 or fewer members: $50
- If your group signs up and works the shift with 15 or more members: $100
Volunteers must be able to work in the heat and humidity and be able to lift heavy items. We know you’ll want to welcome new Jayhawks with a friendly face and pleasant conversation!
- Volunteers receive an orientation so they know how the process works.
- The person who submits the organization's form provides contact information for each volunteer including name and shift selection.
- All volunteers wear Student Housing move-in shirts that Student Housing will provide for free. Volunteers may wear organization pins or stickers and talk to residents about the organization's purpose, but no materials may be distributed.
- Greek community services hours are available.
Organizations volunteer to help new Jayhawks on move-in day