Jay Squad volunteer organizations
KU Student Housing welcomes registered student organizations to help greet new Jayhawks and their families on move-in day. This is a great time to earn money for your organization and spread the word about your organization to incoming and returning students.
Your group an earn up to $100 by loading carts and helping students get to their residence hall rooms. A single shift is available from 7:45 a.m. to noon, on Aug. 13, 2017 (for early arrivals, including sorority recruitment).
On Aug. 17, the day residents move in, two shifts are available from 7 a.m. - 11a.m. (arrival time 6:45 a.m.) and 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. (arrival time 10:45 a.m.).
Submit the form below to register by Friday, July 28.
As a Jay Squad member organization your group will receive
- A chance to win pizza and beverages for your first organization meeting.
- An exclusive opportunity to increase membership and a unique way to fundraise. (And every volunteer that day gets a free Student Housing T-shirt).
- If your group signs up and works the shift with 15 or fewer members: $50
- If your group signs up and works the shift with 15 or more members: $100
Volunteers must be able to work in the heat and humidity and be able to lift heavy items. We know you’ll want to welcome new Jayhawks with a friendly face and pleasant conversation!
- Volunteers receive an orientation so they know how the process works.
- The person who submits the organization's form provides contact information for each volunteer including name and shift selection.
- All volunteers wear Student Housing move-in shirts that Student Housing will provide for free. Volunteers may wear organization pins or stickers and talk to residents about the organization's purpose, but no materials may be distributed.
- Greek community services hours are available.
Organizations volunteer to help new Jayhawks on move-in day