• Home
  • Can you help me with a special need?

Can you help me with a special need?

Student Housing works to ensure that every student has an equal opportunity to succeed at KU. We are here to help you whether your disability is physical, medical, sensory, psychological, or related to attention or learning.

Do you need assistance with a special medical need? If so, please establish a file with the Academic Achievement and Access Center, Student Access Services. You will need to include a description of the housing accommodation plus documentation of your need. Contact information: Academic Achievement and Access Center, 22 Strong Hall, 1450 Jayhawk Blvd., Lawrence, Kansas 66045. Phone: 785-864-4064. Fax: 785-864-2817.


New Stouffer Place Apartments open NOW
More than $200,000 in annual scholarships to returning residents
Academic success: More than 94 percent of first-time, full-time freshmen in student housing enroll for the next semester
5,100 residents choose student housing each year
Residence hall rates are almost $2,000 less per year than the national average for public schools
— College Board
$4 million alumni gift funded Krehbiel Scholarship Hall
Options include suites, private bedroom with shared bath, two-person rooms, scholarship halls, and apartments
Oswald and Self residence halls opened in 2015
One bill covers all costs: room, food, utilities, and wireless Internet
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities