Anyone who lives in a residence hall can enter their hall with their KU Card. Anyone who does not live in the residence hall, scholarship hall, or apartment complex must be escorted by a resident.
Halls are locked to anyone who does not have a valid KU Card.
Here are the other security precautions in the KU Department of Student Housing:
• Residents must scan their identification card to enter their building
• Student security staff members walk throughout buildings from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
• Resident Assistants and professional staff on call 24/7
• Security cameras at entrances and exits to all buildings
• Health and safety checks performed each semester in all rooms
• KU Public Safety patrols campus
• Here is the annual security report about KU safety policies, crime statistics, and campus resources.
• Here is KU’s meningitis vaccination policy for students living on campus.
• Residents are responsible for reading and following policies in the Student Housing Handbook.