On-campus residents get better grades than students in other living environments. More than 7 percent of on-campus residents earned a 4.0 grade-point average during the last three years. On-campus students also posted an overall grade-point average of 3.02 compared to 2.82 for off-campus students. That’s in part because of trained staff, study groups, and upperclass mentors.
Better grades mean better retention. On-campus housing residents progress toward graduation at a nearly 10 percent higher rate than off-campus students. Graduating in four years is a KU standard of excellence.
We take the extra step to help you reach goals:
- Internet is included in your housing rate. Wireless is available throughout the building and wired Internet is also available in individual rooms. Learn more at myresnet.com.
- Study areas are in every building and classrooms are featured in GSP and Templin residence halls. KU Writing Center and other academic services are available where you live. KU’s new residence halls opening in August 2015 will feature a commons building with academic resources for all Daisy Hill residents to use.
- Networked printer stations are provided in each hall.
- Learning communities allow students to live and learn with others who share the same academic interests. Learn more: firstyear.ku.edu/communities.
- Resident Assistants will help each resident develop an academic goal plan. They also set up academic “check-ins” throughout the semester to help residents reach their goals.
- During finals week, quiet hours are enforced continuously and students see these posters as a reminder.