Instructions for Corbin, GSP
We’re excited you’re beginning your Jayhawk career with Student Housing at the University of Kansas!
- This page is specific to Daisy Hill: Lewis, Templin, Hashinger, Ellsworth, Oswald, Self.
- Downs and Oliver residence halls, can be found here.
- You are directed every step of the way by many staff members and great signage. Student volunteers will help you unload and move.
- The driver stays with the vehicle and is available to move the car at all times.
- It is not possible to unload trailers, RVs or U-Hauls.
- Anyone who has limited mobility should stay at the hall with the student. Do not travel to long-term parking. If concerns about mobility issues arise while in the hall, please contact a staff member. Staff members will be wearing either a blue KU Student Housing polo shirt or a red t-shirt that says "student housing" and "staff."
- You will be directed to an unloading zone.
- Driver remains with the vehicle. A KU volunteer, recognizable by the red KU Student Housing shirt, helps unload. A volunteer stays with your belongings. The student enters the building to get a room key. Students who are traveling alone will receive help at unloading.
- If you have two vehicles, try to have the student arrive first so the student can check in and receive a room key as their car is being unloaded. Cars arriving before the student will be unloaded into carts by staff while we wait for the student to arrive.
- As always, smoking (including e-cigs and vaporizers), pets and alcohol are prohibited in the halls, even on move-in day.
- First community meeting will be after 5 p.m. on move-in day. Posters in each hall announce times and locations. Here are other Hawk Week events.
- Please break down boxes for recycling.
Significant move-in day details:
For announcements related to severe weather or other crisis during move-in day, tune to Kansas Public Radio at 91.5 FM. They will broadcast instructions if needed.
Click an image below and a full-page pdf will open for printing.
You may also wish to print, for your convenience, this set of labels. These labels are optional.
Check whether household insurance covers your belongings. Student Housing insurance covers facilities only. Several companies offer policies specifically for students in on-campus housing.
Click the image below to make the pdf larger and to print. Once you arrive at the starting point, staff and signage directs you every step of the way (so don't be daunted by the challenges of this map!)
Your starting point is 13th and Massachusetts Street. Suggested travel routes to enter Lawrence are available.
ARRIVAL AT YOUR HALL