Instructions for apartments
Welcome to KU on move-in day!
KU's three apartment complexes--including Jayhawker Towers, McCarthy, and Stouffer Place--open on Tuesday, Aug. 20, for all apartment residents. There is no specific route for move in on this day.
However, the freshmen communities in Stouffer Place have a move-in day of Thursday, Aug. 22, that will mimic the move-in experience of residence hall students. Below is the route for the freshmen community living in Stouffer Place. Click the map to open a printable PDF that you may use.
ARRIVAL AT YOUR APARTMENT
- If you have two vehicles, try to have the student arrive first so the student can check in as the car is being unloaded. Cars arriving before the student will be unloaded into carts by staff as we wait for the student to arrive.
- You will be directed to an unloading zone.
- Driver remains with the vehicle. A KU volunteer, recognizable by the red KU Student Housing shirt, helps unload. A volunteer stays with your belongings. Students who are traveling alone will receive help at unloading.
- As always, smoking (including e-cigs and vaporizers), pets and alcohol are prohibited in the halls, even on move-in day. Please break down boxes for recycling.
- First community meeting will be at 5 p.m. on move-in day. Posters in each hall announce times and locations. Here are other Hawk Week events.