Instructions for apartments
Welcome to KU on move-in day!
KU's three apartment complexes—including Jayhawker Towers, McCarthy, and Stouffer Place—open on Tuesday, Aug. 20, for all apartment residents.
However, the freshmen communities in Stouffer Place have a move-in day of Thursday, Aug. 22, that will mimic the move-in experience of residence hall students.
SIGNIFICANT MOVE-IN DAY DETAILS
For announcements related to severe weather or other crisis during move-in day, tune to Kansas Public Radio at 91.5 FM. They will broadcast instructions if needed.
- You are directed every step of the way by many staff members and great signage. Student volunteers will help you unload and move.
- The driver stays with the vehicle and is available to move the car at all times.
- It is not possible to unload trailers, RVs or U-Hauls.
- Anyone who has limited mobility should stay at the hall with the student. Do not travel to long-term parking. If concerns about mobility issues arise while in the hall, please contact a staff member. Staff members will be wearing either a blue KU Student Housing polo shirt or a red t-shirt that says "student housing" and "staff."
ARRIVAL AT YOUR APARTMENT
Arrival times for Stouffer Place are being determined and will be posted here. If you cannot make your arrival time, arrive after 4 p.m. Students pre-approved for early arrival (such as Panhellenic recruitment, band, or Options) receive information from their program.
- If you have two vehicles, try to have the student arrive first so the student can check in as the car is being unloaded. Cars arriving before the student will be unloaded into carts by staff as we wait for the student to arrive.
- You will be directed to an unloading zone.
- Driver remains with the vehicle. A KU volunteer, recognizable by the red KU Student Housing shirt, helps unload. A volunteer stays with your belongings. Students who are traveling alone will receive help at unloading.
- As always, smoking (including e-cigs and vaporizers), pets and alcohol are prohibited in the halls, even on move-in day. Please break down boxes for recycling.
- First community meeting will be at 5 p.m. on move-in day. Posters in each hall announce times and locations. Here are other Hawk Week events.
Below is the route for the freshmen community living in Stouffer Place.Suggested travel routes to enter Lawrence are available.