Approved to stay
This page is for students who completed an exemption and were approved to continue living on campus for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester.
Who was exempted to remain on campus?
To remain in KU Student Housing, residents must have met one of the criteria to be unable to return home because of health or safety risk or travel restrictions.
Student housing operational changes for exempted students.
Based on current guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE), new processes were implemented.
- No gathering of groups in floor lobbies and other common area spaces.
- No guests will be permitted, as the Student Housing guest policy will be suspended during this time.
- Recreational equipment such as pool or ping pong tables will not be allowed to be used.
- Recreational spaces like fitness rooms, music rooms, and study rooms will not be available for use.
- Maintain a distance of six feet from others and limit interaction in spaces such as community bathrooms and laundry rooms. Residents will be expected to practice social distancing, which has been shown to slow a disease outbreak. This means reducing the number of times and places people gather in large numbers.
If you’re staying on campus, dining locations and other services still available
Your dining plans are active and all you need to do is swipe your KU ID. Check here for a complete list of available times and locations on the KU Dining website. You may get carry-out meals at Mrs. E’s, near Lewis Residence Hall at 1532 Engel Rd. Other campus services will have limited hours during this time. For informational updates, click on the main KU campus website regarding COVID-19.