Dennis E. Rieger
1323 Ohio Street, Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Sink area of 4-person suite.
Bathroom in 4-person suite.
Students collaborate on the Rieger porch.
Dining together for lunch at Rieger Hall.
The beautiful expansive porch at Rieger.
Art work for Rieger was specially chosen by the hall benefactor.
One of Rieger's living rooms.
A view from the living room to the music room.
This is where Riegerettes gather and watch TV.
The dining room.
Rieger shares a basketball court with Krehbiel Hall.
The '80s Dance at Rieger.
Dennis E. Rieger opened in 2005. This building features some two-person rooms (sharing a small community bath) and four-person suites. Some hall traditions include “Fireplace Chats” and father-daughter weekends. Rieger is a twin building with the adjacent scholarship hall, Krehbiel Hall, which opened in 2008. The hall features energy-efficient geothermal heating and cooling and blends in with the neighborhood’s turn of the century homes.
Contributing to Academics
- Wireless Internet
- Academic Resource Center with computers, printers, and study aids
- Bed, extra-long twin mattress
- Desk chair
- Sink with mirror (in two-person rooms)
- Bathroom (in four-person rooms)
- Trash cans
- Venetian blinds
- Located near Memorial Stadium, the Kansas Union and Downtown Lawrence
- Two-person rooms with shared community bath, and four-person suites
- 50 female residents
- Free laundry
- Opened in 2005
Have Fun Here
- Residents are referred to as “Riegerettes”
- Annual Mom’s Weekend and Dad’s Day
- Fireside chats
- Study room and lounge on each floor