Stouffer 6-person community
6-person Expanded Housing Community available
Due to demand from incoming new freshmen to live on-campus in KU Student Housing, additional space is being made available as an Expanded Housing Community.
A six-person unit has been created that is similar to KU Student Housing’s most popular room type—suites in Downs, Oswald and Self residence halls. The six-person unit will contain six residents in a four-bedroom apartment. Four residents will share two bedrooms, and the remaining two residents each get a private bedroom, private bathroom. All six residents share the living room and kitchen.
The location of the Expanded Housing Community is a floor in Stouffer Place Apartments, 1835 Ousdahl Rd. With this new Expanded Housing Community, KU Student Housing is able to offer a residence hall suite experience and maintain its commitment to providing housing for all students who meet the application deadline for attending KU.
- The rate for this option is similar to the rate for a suite in KU’s newest residence halls. Each person in a shared bedroom with bath has a $9,200 rate and each person in a private bedroom, private bath has a $10,200 rate.
- Also similar to residence halls, a dining plan is required for the Expanded Housing Community option.
TO SELECT THE EXPANDED HOUSING COMMUNITY
To look for a space and pick your room:
- Sign into your myKU portal
- Select “Login to Housing” (located underneath the Services tab)
- Click “Select a Space and Dining Plan”
- Click “Select a Space for next year”
- At the bottom of the Housing Options page, select button for “Expanded Housing Community.”
With open rooms and units, roommates can select together while space is available. To ensure that you and your identified roommate get the same space, we recommend that you complete room selection simultaneously. Important calendar dates are here.
Questions? Contact: KU Student Housing, firstname.lastname@example.org, 785-864-4560.