Expanded Housing Community
6-person Expanded Housing Community available to new students
Due to demand from incoming new freshmen to live on-campus in KU Student Housing, additional space is being made available as an Expanded Housing Community for the 2019-20 school year.
A six-person unit has been created that is similar to KU Student Housing’s most popular room type—suites in Downs, Oswald and Self residence halls. The six-person unit features three 2-person bedrooms and a living room.
The location of the Expanded Housing Community is a floor in Stouffer Place Apartments, 1835 Ousdahl Rd. Each of the three bedrooms in the unit will include two lofted extra-long twin beds, two desks, two dressers, and one shared closet. The two residents of each bedroom will share one bathroom. The six residents in the unit will share living room and kitchen, with in-unit washer and dryer.
Twelve units will be available, and will house up to 72 students in a residence hall floor setting. With this new Expanded Housing Community, KU Student Housing is able to offer a residence hall suite experience and maintain its commitment to providing housing for students who meet the application deadline for attending KU.
- The rate for this option is $8,856 for the academic year, similar to the rate for a suite in KU’s newest residence halls.
- Also similar to residence halls, a dining plan is required for the Expanded Housing Community option.
TO SELECT THE EXPANDED HOUSING COMMUNITY
To look for a space and pick your room:
- Sign into your myKU portal
- Select “Login to Housing” (located underneath the Services tab)
- Click “Select a Space and Dining Plan”
- Click “Select a Space for next year”
- At the bottom of the Housing Options page, select button for “Expanded Housing Community.”
With open rooms and units, roommates can select together while space is available. To ensure that you and your identified roommate get the same space, we recommend that you complete room selection simultaneously.Move-in day for those in expanded housing will be Thursday, Aug. 22. Other important calendar dates are here.
Questions? Contact: KU Student Housing, email@example.com, 785-864-4560.