• Home
  • About
  • Contracting & Assignment

Questions regarding Contracting & Assignment

I signed a student housing contract but decided to join a fraternity. Will the contract transfer? Can I just move at semester?

No. KU's Greek chapter houses are not operated by the University, so funds do not transfer between the two entities.

Additionally, Student Housing contracts are for the full academic year. Once you've moved into Student Housing, you have accepted the contract for the full academic year. You will not be released from the contract to move into a fraternity chapter house.

Refer to the cancellation policy and charges schedule for more information.

What is a scholarship hall?

KU has 12 cooperative living halls right in the heart of main campus. The “scholarship” is a lower housing rate because the 50 residents in each hall complete four to six hours of household duties each week, such as cooking or cleaning. You’ll live, study, eat, play and help build traditions. You’ll be a “schol haller” — proud to be part of your community’s diversity and the KU scholarship halls.

Any prospective or current undergraduate student may enter this competitive selection process, based on financial need academic merit and essays.


Subscribe to RSS - Contracting & Assignment

More than $200,000 in annual scholarships to returning residents
Academic success: More than 94 percent of first-time, full-time freshmen in student housing enroll for the next semester
5,100 residents choose student housing each year
Residence hall rates are almost $2,000 less per year than the national average for public schools
— College Board
$4 million alumni gift funded Krehbiel Scholarship Hall
Options include suites, private bedroom with shared bath, two-person rooms, scholarship halls, and apartments
Oswald and Self residence halls opened in 2015
One bill covers all costs: room, food, utilities, and wireless Internet
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities