How to appeal a contract cancellation charge
You must submit a contract cancellation request online before submitting an appeal. Applicable charges remain on your Enroll & Pay account during the appeal.
- All appeals must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and contain the resident’s full name, online ID, and reason you believe an exception to the policy is needed.
- The appeal must have supporting documentation.
- Once you submit materials, they’re reviewed by KU Student Housing occupancy management staff. Additional documentation may be required.
- We will communicate a decision by e-mail.
What reasons are considered for an appeal?
The reasons for which appeals are granted vary. We can't tell you how to write your appeal. It should be based on your situation and must include supporting documentation regarding changes in your circumstances since you signed your KU Student Housing contract - significant medical or financial issues, for example.
What will not be considered?
- We will not waive the $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Appeals of cancellations more than a year old.
- After check-in, cancellation requests will not be approved for students who remain enrolled but wish to move off campus, including Greek chapter houses; full contract fees will apply.