Individual volunteer - early move in
KU Student Housing welcomes residents who want to move in early, then help other Jayhawks during move-in day. You may be a returning resident or first-year student -- just submit your information below by Thursday, Aug. 1 to join JaySquad.
By volunteering to help with move-in you will be providing a valuable service to your classmates and their families. JaySquad members are an integral part of move-in, often serving as one of the first KU representatives that incoming students meet.
JaySquad members receive….
- All JaySquad members may move in early for free. Volunteers move themselves in on Aug. 21.
- Participants who fulfill their shift are eligible for one of three $500 room credits on their student housing account.
- Free t-shirt.
- Meet new people and begin building a community and network of Jayhawks.
- Develop an even greater sense of Rock Chalk pride.
Volunteers must be able to work in the heat and humidity and be able to lift heavy items. We know you’ll want to welcome new Jayhawks with a friendly face and pleasant conversation! Here's what you'll do:
- Attend a mandatory orientation on Wednesday, August 21.
- Unload student vehicles.
- Move belongings to students' rooms.
- Direct parents and students to housing and campus resources.
- Have fun and enjoy the day.