KU Student Housing welcomes registered student organization volunteers who will greet new Jayhawks and help them move in. Earn money and spread the word about your organization to new and returning students! Your group can earn up to $100 by loading carts and helping students get to their residence hall rooms. Submit the form below to register.
- A single shift is available from 7:45 a.m. to noon, Aug. 18, 2019 (early arrivals, including sorority recruitment).
- Two shifts are available on Aug. 22:
- 7 a.m. -11:30 a.m. (arrival 6:45 a.m.)
- 11:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. (arrival 11:15 a.m.)
As a JaySquad member organization your group will receive
- A chance to win pizza and beverages for your first organization meeting.
- An exclusive opportunity to increase membership and a unique way to fundraise. (And every volunteer that day gets a free Student Housing T-shirt).
- If your group signs up and works the shift with 15 or fewer members: $50
- If your group signs up and works the shift with 16 or more members: $100
Volunteers must be able to work in the heat and humidity and be able to lift heavy items. We know you’ll want to welcome new Jayhawks with a friendly face and pleasant conversation!
- Volunteers receive an orientation so they know how the process works.
- The person who submits the organization's form provides contact information for each volunteer including name and shift selection.
- All volunteers wear Student Housing move-in shirts that Student Housing will provide for free. Volunteers may wear organization pins or stickers and talk to residents about the organization's purpose, but no materials may be distributed.
- Greek community services hours are available.