Weather update as of 5 p.m., Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Rain and thunderstorms are forecast for the Lawrence area on KU Student Housing’s move-in day, Thursday, August 22. Information from the National Weather Service in Topeka indicates that storms are expected to be in the area overnight and until around 8 a.m., with a lingering chance for isolated storms throughout the afternoon.
Move-in activities will continue as scheduled, rain or shine. Safety of our students, families, staff and volunteers is our highest priority. Should storms cause unsafe conditions, we may have to temporarily suspend move-in activities until the danger has passed.
At this point you should:
- Continue to follow the move-in arrival times for your community. If you’d like to alter your arrival plan due to weather concerns based on the current forecast, you should plan to arrive in the afternoon.
- Bring tarps or plastic to drape over your belongings.
- Follow the instructions of staff and volunteers who are coordinating the move-in process.
For updates throughout the move-in day, go to:
- KU Student Housing Twitter @KUStudentHouse
- KU’s Twitter @UnivofKansas
- The University of Kansas Facebook (facebook.com/KU)
- Kansas Public Radio 91.5 FM
Thank you for your patience and we appreciate your cooperation as we work to provide a safe, efficient move-in day for thousands of new Jayhawks.