2016: Move-in at Oliver Residence Hall
This is the August 2016 move-in day information. Move-in day 2017 will be added when the details are final, but this page will give you a sense of what to expect:
Welcome to Student Housing at the University of Kansas. We’re excited you’re beginning your Jayhawk career with us! Details on this page are specific to Oliver Residence Hall only.
- Details specific to Daisy Hill halls are available. Those halls include Lewis, Templin, Hashinger, Ellsworth, Oswald and Self.
- GSP, Corbin and scholarship hall instructions can be found here.
- Move-in day for apartments begins 8 a.m., Tuesday, Aug. 16.
We've coordinated move-in day with move-in times, a printable label for your boxes, driving routes and other details, and we need your help to make the day go well. Please note the schedule outlined below (and remember to bring your patience and a sense of humor!)
Significant move-in day details
- The driver should stay with the vehicle and be available to move the car at all times.
- It is not possible to park and unload trailers, RVs or U-Hauls. We recommend that each resident use only one vehicle to move in because of the lack of space.
- Please observe your assigned arrival time below. Students pre-approved for early arrival (including Panhellenic sorority recruitment and marching band) will receive information from their program coordinator. If you arrive outside your scheduled time, it may cause a delay. If you cannot make your scheduled arrival time, we recommend you arrive after 3 p.m.
|7 AM||10th and 2nd Floor|
|8 AM||9th Floor|
|9 AM||8th Floor|
|10 AM||7th Floor|
|11 AM||6th Floor|
|1 PM||4th Floor|
|2 PM||3rd Floor|
Prior to your arrival click on the image below and a full-page pdf will open. Print in color and add the cell phone number of the driver. Tape the sign flush to your windshield's driver side so Parking and Transit staff can see the letter and color and know where to direct you.
Suggested travel routes to enter Lawrence are available. Click on the image below to make the pdf map of the Oliver Hall move-in route larger. Your starting point is 19th and Naismith Drive.
ARRIVAL AT YOUR HALL
- You will be directed to an unloading zone near your hall.
- The driver remains with the vehicle while volunteers and passengers unload the vehicle. A KU volunteer, recognizable by the red KU Student Housing shirt, will help unload the car. A volunteer will stay with your belongings while the student enters the building to get the room key.
- We recommend all arriving students bring a family member or friend to assist, but if that's not possible, students who are traveling alone will receive help. A volunteer will watch the student's belongings while the student parks the car.
- The driver will move the vehicle to long-term parking, located in lot 90 across the street from Oliver Hall.
- Anyone with limited mobility should stay at the hall rather than travel to long-term parking.
- As always, smoking (including e-cigs and vaporizers), pets and alcohol are prohibited in the halls, even on move-in day.
- Please break down boxes for recycling.
- First community meeting, 7 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 18. After community meetings, a community meal will be served to kick off Hawk Week.
Check whether household insurance covers your belongings. Student Housing insurance covers facilities only. Several companies offer policies specifically for students in on-campus housing.
For announcements related to severe weather or other crisis during move-in day, tune to Kansas Public Radio at 91.5 FM. They will broadcast instructions if needed.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation and patience during an exciting (but somewhat stressful, we know) day. Here’s a sneak peek from last year's move-in day, courtesy of the Jayhawks of 2015.