Here are all student housing documents you'll receive at orientation. Click the thumbnail below to read these:
The document "Jayhawk Living" contains move in information as well as suggested packing lists; the other three documents are compilations of floor plans for each community. Larger images of the floor plans can be found under the "halls and apartments" navigation bar and under each specific building name.
Tours of all communities are available from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. each day of 2019 Orientation. The complete map and tour schedule (including roads closed for summer construction) are available here or click the thumbnail map image.
Tours will give you a visual representation of what your room and your new community will look like for planning move in – but residents will see the type of room they’ve selected, not the actual room they selected.
- GSP or Corbin Residence Halls: Meet at GSP, 500 West 11th
- Hashinger or Ellsworth Residence Halls: Meet at Ellsworth, 1734 Engel Rd
- Templin or Lewis Residence Halls: Meet at Templin, 1515 Engel Road
- Downs Residence Hall: Meet at Downs, 1517 W. 18th Street
- Scholarship Halls: Meet at Kansas Union 4th floor, 1301 Jayhawk Blvd.
- Stouffer Place Apartments (Expanded Housing Community and First-Year in apartments): Meet at Stouffer Place 1835 Ousdahl Road
- Jayhawker Towers: Tours only on Orientation transfer days. Meet at 1603 W. 15th Street Apartment Living Office.
For those touring Self or Oswald Halls: Those halls, and the adjoining Daisy Hill Commons, are closed for construction this summer but will reopen in time for the start of fall semester.
If you have a room in Self or Oswald, you’ll receive an additional page at orientation with photography and room layouts. There are short, hand-held videos on the Self and Oswald pages under "floor plans" tab.
In addition, there are similar rooms you can view during the 4:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. tour times available during orientation. If your Self or Oswald room is:
- Private bedroom with bath: Tour a similar layout at Downs Residence Hall.
- 2-person room: The 2-person is similar to one-half of the Downs Hall 4-person, 2-bath shared bedroom layout.
You may also have already seen the 2-person room if you toured the Daisy Hill Commons showroom during an Admissions visit day.
- 4-person suite: See an Ellsworth four-person suite with bathroom for a similar space. The layout for the bathroom is different, but the size, fixtures and finishes are similar.
The webpage for each individual hall describes the setup, but in general: All beds on campus are lofted or bunked. To request a modification to your bed configuration, submit a service request and Facilities Services would be happy to assist.
- Hashinger Hall beds can only be lofted.
- Lewis Hall and Templin Hall beds can be bunked or un-bunked, but not lofted to different heights.
- Stouffer and McCarthy beds are not bunked or lofted. The exception is beds in the Expanded Housing Option for Stouffer Place are lofted.
- Scholarship hall beds, except Miller and Watkins, can be bunked or un-bunked, but not lofted.