Email of 1/29/21 to residents who did not complete a COVID-19 test before moving back:
We are sending you this email because as of 2 p.m. January 29, we do not have your COVID-19 test result as required by the university, although you are scheduled to move in either Saturday or Sunday (Jan. 30-31).
Please follow the instructions below that best fit your situation:
If you have already sent your COVID-19 test by Fed Ex to the CRL lab:
- If we do not receive your test result before you move in, you will be asked to take another saliva test during your scheduled check-in time. Do not eat, drink, chew gum, or smoke 30 minutes prior to your arrival to campus so you can complete the test upon arrival.
If you have not taken your COVID-19 test:
- If you still have your take-home COVID-19 test kit, bring it with you to check-in. Do NOT send it to the lab at this time. You will be asked to complete the saliva test as step 1 of your check in. Do not eat, drink, chew gum or smoke 30 minutes prior to completing the test.
- If you don’t have the saliva test kit at home: When you arrive to check in at your building, you will be required to complete a saliva test as step 1. Do not eat, drink, chew gum, or smoke 30 minutes prior to arriving to campus.
If you have a test result from CRL because you tested at another KU location:
- E-mail a screen shot of your results with your name and KU ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have tested positive for COVID-19 between November 1, 2020 and today:
- E-mail documentation (screen shot or PDF) of the test result, date, your name and KU ID number to email@example.com.
We want to ensure your return to campus is smooth. Thank you for helping us protect your health and the health of the community through this process.
If you have questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.