New Stouffer Place Apartments open 2018
KU’s newest apartments -- all with private bedrooms and private bathrooms -- will be located in the heart of the KU campus. Nearby buildings include Anschutz Sports Pavilion, Allen Fieldhouse, Hoglund Ballpark, Ambler Student Recreation Fitness Center, and the Schools of Business, Law, Engineering, and Music. Sign your contract after September 1, 2017 in order to move in during fall semester 2018.
The location, 1835 Ousdahl Road, is also a convenient walk, bus or bike ride to the science and research buildings in the West District, or the libraries and academic buildings of north campus. And here's a bird's eye view of all Student Housing properties in which you can see the apartment complex.
These apartments are part of the broader $350 million Central District project outlined in the KU Master Plan. The construction also includes a new residence hall and dining center, science buildings, student union, power plant, parking, and space for future academic buildings. This executive summary (pdf) contains project information and floor plans for the available units.
• Developer: Edgemoor Development
• Architect: Treanor Architects
• Contractor: CBG Building Company
This video is an architect's rendering of the KU Central District project and shows the apartment building during a "fly by."
- All private bedrooms, and private baths
- Full kitchen, including dishwasher
- Washer and dryer
- Furnished with double bed, dresser, desk and chair; residents provide living room furniture
- Multipurpose classroom, conference room and study spaces
- Service desk
- Fitness room
- Recreation area with ping pong and pool table
- Barbecue grills
- Printing station
- Bicycle repair stations
- Conveniently located near 19th and Ousdahl Streets
- Year-round occupancy available
- Contract adjustment for study abroad, internships, or graduation
- All utilities and wireless internet included
- Billed by semester; financial aid applied directly
- Security card access
- Served by KU bus system
- Optional dining plans and rental furniture packages available
This is a view of one of the four-person apartments. All apartments, both two-person and four-person, feature private bedrooms and private bathrooms.