1518 Lilac Lane, Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Phone: (country code +1) 785-812-1980
New women are assigned a “big sister” to help adjust to college life and learn long-held Miller traditions such as the annual Alumni Tea, the “Joe’s Place” party (started in the 1930s), Miller-Watkins Tribute Night, and a “Murder Mystery Dinner.” As in Watkins, monthly kitchen fees are determined by residents who are each assigned to one of seven small kitchens.
Miller hosts a social activity.
Joe's Place is an annual event.
Entry to Joe's Place party.
Scholarship Halls host many activities annually.
An activity in the living room at Miller.
Miller's living room was recently redecorated.
New furniture, drapes, carpeting and tables at Miller Scholarship Hall.
Miller's living room features comfortable study spaces.
Portrait on the wall is of Elizabeth Miller Watkins, founder of Miller and Watkins Halls.
Miller Hall living room was recently refurbished.
Miller Hall sun porch is newly redecorated and lovely for studying.
Miller Hall features a sleeping porch with bunked beds.
One of Miller Hall's seven kitchens.
Cooking at Miller Hall.
Contributing to Academics
- Wireless Internet
- Academic Resource Center with computers, printers and study aids
- Sleeping porches with bunked beds
- Twin extra-long mattress
- Smaller living spaces with two-to-four residents each
- Desk chair
- Trash cans
- Venetian blinds
- Located near Memorial Stadium, the Kansas Union and Downtown Lawrence
- Rooms with dresser, closet and study space
- Two sleeping porches
- Seven shared kitchens and dining areas
- About 50 female residents
- KU Card-operated laundry areas
- Opened in 1937
Have Fun Here
- Residents are referred to as “Millerites”
- Joe’s Place: an annual spring event with a varying theme
- Strong alumni connections (K-8, the Miller/Watkins alumni group)