Internet and cable TV are provided at no extra charge
KU partners with Apogee to provide internet service (Wi-Fi and wired), cable television, IPTV, and support to Student Housing residents. Their service includes:
- Reliable internet service, with 100 Mbps download and 100 Mbps upload speed per user, per device
- 10 Devices included per user account
- 80 Channels of traditional cable TV, with in-app cable channel list
- Streaming IPTV via the Stream2 app
- Wired internet service is not available in Stouffer Place North and South.
- Standard cable television is not available in Corbin. Stream2 IPTV is available.
- Ethernet cables are not provided by Apogee.
The following instructions will help you get up and running with MyResNet Wi-Fi and Stream2 IPTV.
Apogee MyResNet is the high-speed Wi-Fi network in Student Housing. It's capable of accommodating up to ten devices per student, for streaming music and video, as well as online gaming.
To make sure you’re connected, follow the steps below.
Set Up Your Account – Mobile, plus PC or Mac
- On your device, connect to “MyResNet Start Here” to connect to the Apogee Portal where you will select "Login with School Account." (Open a browser if you did not automatically redirect.)
- Next, you will be redirected to the KU sign-in page. Use your KU Single Sign-On credentials.
- Register all the devices you plan to connect.
- Make sure you Turn off Private Addresses on your iOS 14, watchOS 7, and Android 10 devices
Stream2 IPTV service is available for on-campus residents. With Stream2, you will be able to watch cable television programming on your mobile devices, and via a Roku, AppleTV, and FireTV.
Stream2 is your IPTV (internet protocol television) service that gives you the ability to stream content on multiple devices AND gives you 20 hours of DVR, too.
You can download the Stream2 app here, or from the Apple App Store or Google Play store. Log in with your university username and password.
Instructions for Stream2 can be found on the Apogee Stream2 support website.