Mailing address: 1345 Louisiana Street, Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Phone: (country code +1) 785-812-1787
Women in Douthart have a knack for involvement. They’re active in the All Scholarship Hall Council and other campus activities. “Schol-Hollywood” is a popular spring event. The women also sponsor “Romp in the Hay” in the fall and a farewell banquet in May. The women share four-person rooms and this is the only schol hall with a storage room named “Henry.”
Contributing to Academics
- Wireless Internet
- Academic Resource Center with computers, printers and study aids
- Bunked beds
- Regular twin mattresses
- Built in dresser
- Vanity and built in medicine cabinet
- Desk chair
- Trash cans
- Venetian blinds
- Located near Memorial Stadium, the Kansas Union and Downtown Lawrence
- Four-person bedroom and study area
- 50 female residents
- Free laundry
- Opened in 1954
Have Fun Here
- Residents are referred to as “Douthartian”
- Strong scholarship hall community and campus involvement
- Annual Schol Hollywood event
- Have a buzzer system (similar to Morse code) to signal meals, events and visitors
Douthart living room.
Cookie decorating contest during 2017 Scholarship Hall Olympics.
Douthart Hall residents baking cookies.
Douthart Hall living room.
Douthart is a women's hall, but sometimes scholarship hall residents share meals together.
Cooking at Douthart.
Douthart hosts Romp in the Hay with KK Amini Scholarship Hall.
Douthart women at the ASHC Winter Formal.