1404 Alumni Place, Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Stephenson men at cookie decorating contest during 2017 Scholarship Hall Olympics.
2017 Scholarship Hall Olympics event.
Sellards and Stephenson residents at Krehbiel during 2017 Scholarship Hall Olympics.
Stephenson Hall two-person room
Stephenson Hall dining room.
In the Academic Resource Center.
Stephenson TV room.
Stephenson living room.
Basketball court just outside Stephenson Hall.
Pool table, Stephenson TV room.
To see more of Stephenson Hall (which is most similar to Sellards, Battenfeld and Pearson) check out this video. Stephenson residents pride themselves on their unique contributions to the KU schol hall social scene. Stephenson’s “back yard” is a great place to shoot hoops – any time, all year long. Stephenson residents are assigned to traditional double rooms. They also host an annual “Super Hero” party.
Contributing to Academics
- Wireless Internet
- Academic Resource Center with computers, printers and study aids
- Bunked beds
- Twin extra-long mattresses
- Built in dressers and medicine cabinet
- Desk chairs
- Trash cans
- Venetian blinds
- Communal bathroom
- Located near Memorial Stadium, the Kansas Union, and Downtown Lawrence
- Traditional two-person rooms
- 50 male residents
- Free laundry
- Opened in 1952
Have Fun Here
- Residents are referred to as “Lylemen”
- Year-round pick-up basketball games in the backyard
- Home of the infamous Wilbur Q. Nether, a fictional resident
- Largest TV in the scholarship hall community