1425 Alumni Place, Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Watermelon eating contest outside Battenfeld during 2017 Scholarship Hall Olympics.
Tug of war at 2017 Scholarship Hall Olympics.
Battenfeld Hall living room
One of the bedrooms at Battenfeld. Battenfeld bedrooms vary in dimensions, but all are furnished with bed, desk, chair and dresser.
Prepping lunch at Battenfeld Hall.
Cooking at Battenfeld Hall.
Watermelon eating contest outside Battenfeld during Scholarship Hall Olympics.
Contest outside Battenfeld during Scholarship Hall Olympics.
From the unique hall mascot (an aardvark) to the hall crest, Battenfeld residents are proud of their individuality and long traditions. Battenfeld is a mix of two-, three-, and four-man rooms/suites. The backyard deck is a popular addition that “B-felders” built. Highlights of the social year are “Casino Night” and the annual JCB (John Curry Battenfeld) Awards Banquet.
Contributing to Academics
- Wireless Internet
- Academic Resource Center with computers, printers, and study aids
- New for 2021-22: Lofted beds with extra long twin mattress
- Built in dresser
- Vanity and built-in medicine cabinet
- Desk chair
- Trash cans
- Venetian blinds
- Located near Memorial Stadium, the Kansas Union and downtown Lawrence
- Two-, three-, and four-person suites
- About 50 male residents
- Free laundry
- KU’s first men’s scholarship hall
- Opened in 1940
Have Fun Here
- Largest front lawn in the Scholarship Hall community, and hosts opening events for the ASHC Schol Hall Olympics
- Community service driven
- Annual Casino Night