1443 Alumni Place, Lawrence, Kansas 66044
Sellards Women at Romp in the Hay.
Tug of war at Scholarship Hall Olympics.
Sellards and Stephenson residents at Krehbiel during Scholarship Hall Olympics.
Sellards Hall living room
The gracious proportions of the living room.
Move-in day at Sellards. The women help the "new women" move in.
Move-in day at Sellards.
Redbud trees line the path to Sellards Hall.
Sellards features a large kitchen and dining room, living area and four-person rooms. Sellards women host the International Dinner each year that features food and programs from a specific country. In addition, Sellards hosts annual “Retro” and “Tropical” parties, as well as the annual International dinner: a different country is picked for the themed dinner each year.
Contributing to Academics
- Wireless Internet
- Academic Resource Center with computers, printers and study aids
- Bunked beds
- Regular twin mattresses
- Built in dresser
- Vanity and built in medicine cabinet
- Desk chair
- Trash cans
- Venetian blinds
- Located near Memorial Stadium, the Kansas Union and Downtown Lawrence
- Four-person bedroom and study area
- About 50 female residents
- Free laundry
- Opened in 1952
Have Fun Here
- Residents are referred to as “Sellardites”
- Traditional International Dinner
- The "Ghost of Gertie" is often lovingly blamed when something strange occurs in the hall