Safety is a Priority
Student Housing has procedures and resources to promote safety and security. Safety is everyone's responsibility and our individual actions are our best preventive measure.
Housing Safety Precautions
- Residents must scan their identification card to enter their building.
- Student security staff members walk throughout buildings from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Resident Assistants and professional staff are on call 24/7.
- Security cameras are located at entrances and exits to all buildings.
- Health and safety checks performed each semester in all rooms.
- KU Public Safety patrols campus, including student housing.
- Students living on campus must have a meningitis vaccination. The policy is available at Watkins Health Services
- Residents are responsible for reading and following policies in the Student Housing Handbook.
Campus Safety Information
- The annual security report about KU safety policies, crime statistics and campus resources is available.
- The Fire Safety Report is included in the public safety Clery Report. Federal regulation 668.49 – Institutional fire safety policies and fire statistics.
- Concealed carry is allowed in Kansas public buildings by the state law called the Personal and Family Protection Act.