Security is a priority
KU Student Housing has a variety of procedures and resources in place to promote safety and security. Safety is ALL of our responsibility and our individual actions are our best preventive measure.
KU Student Housing produces the Stay Safe poster (pdf) annually. The poster provides you with tips, suggestions, and resources for maintaining a safe community.
- Residents must scan their identification card to enter their building
- Student security staff members walk throughout buildings from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Resident Assistants and professional staff on call 24/7
- Security cameras at entrances and exits to all buildings
- Health and safety checks performed each semester in all rooms
- KU Public Safety patrols campus
- The annual security report about KU safety policies, crime statistics and campus resources is available at the Annual Security Report.
- KU’s meningitis vaccination policy for students living on campus is available at Watkins Health Services.
- Residents are responsible for reading and following policies in the Student Housing Handbook (pdf).
Pursuant to federal regulation 668.49 – Institutional fire safety policies and fire statistics, the Fire Safety Report (pdf) is provided for your awareness.
Pursuant to Kansas law, the concealed carry of handguns shall be permitted on University campuses beginning on July 1, 2017.