Dial 911 for emergencies.
For all other service requests, see below.
Immediately Report Emergency Maintenance Issues
- Residence hall residents — Contact your front desk.
- Apartment residents
- Scholarship hall residents — Contact your proctor or scholarship hall director.
Senior staff on duty will respond to emergency maintenance issues and notify KU Facilities Services.
Emergency maintenance issues include:
- Water issues such as overflowing or clogged toilets, sinks, or showers
- Broken doors, windows, or locks
- Concerns with smoke detectors or fire extinguishers
- Electrical problems, including outages
You can submit online service requests for:
- Heating & cooling
- Replacing a light bulb in a university owned light fixture
Please submit one request for each repair to allow efficient response. You can track the status of your request by selecting "my open service requests."
Other Service Requests
To report a problem with laundry equipment, contact CSC Service Works, the company KU uses to provide service.
Residents have access to free, high efficiency, front-loading laundry machines available in every Housing & Residence Life building. Laundry in your hall is a convenience included as part of your housing rate, so there’s no need to add money to your KUID card, or to bring a roll of quarters. If you don’t know where your laundry rooms are, ask your RA or your front desk.
Use high-efficiency laundry soap. The equipment provider recommends using the pre-measured individual single-use packets.