Service Requests

Dial 911 for emergencies.

For all other service requests, see below.

Immediately Report Emergency Maintenance Issues

  • Residence hall residents — Contact your front desk.
  • Apartment residents
    • Jayhawker Towers residents call 785-864-8305.
    • McCarthy residents call 785-864-6545.
    • Stouffer Place residents — Contact your front desk.
  • Scholarship hall residents — Contact your proctor or scholarship hall director.

Senior staff on duty will respond to emergency maintenance issues and notify KU Facilities Services.

Emergency maintenance issues include:

  • Water issues such as overflowing or clogged toilets, sinks, or showers
  • Broken doors, windows, or locks
  • Concerns with smoke detectors or fire extinguishers
  • Electrical problems, including outages

Non-Emergency Maintenance

To report non-emergency maintenance issues, submit an online service request or call 785-864-4770.

You can submit online service requests for:

  • Appliances
  • Flooring
  • Furniture
  • Heating & cooling
  • Replacing a light bulb in a university owned light fixture

Please submit one request for each repair to allow efficient response. You can track the status of your request by selecting "my open service requests."

Other Service Requests

To request an adjustment to your bed height, submit an online service request or call 785-864-4770.

Mark the bed to be adjusted with masking tape to indicate the height you want. You can track the status of your request by selecting "my open service requests."

To report a problem with laundry equipment, contact CSC Service Works, the company KU uses to provide service.

Residents have access to free, high efficiency, front-loading laundry machines available in every Housing & Residence Life building. Laundry in your hall is a convenience included as part of your housing rate, so there’s no need to add money to your KUID card, or to bring a roll of quarters. If you don’t know where your laundry rooms are, ask your RA or your front desk.

Use high-efficiency laundry soap. The equipment provider recommends using the pre-measured individual single-use packets.

To request a refund or report a problem with a snack or beverage vending machine, submit a ticket to PepsiCo.

For information about residential dining, including changing your dining plan, KU Dining Dollars, menus, Net Nutrition, and rate structure, visit KU Dining Services.

For information about mail and packages, including how residents are notified of incoming packages, visit this page.

Need Internet or TV Help?

KU uses Apogee in most buildings to provide resident internet service. This is the explanation of services. For problems, Apogee is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week:

Call: 855-643-2149


Chat live: MyResNet Support


Hawker, HERE, and Sunflower Apartments use Midco for internet. For problems, Call: 800-888-1300

or Visit:Midcom Support


Naismith Hall internet is provided by Pavlov Media. For technical support, Call: 888-472-8568 (888-4-PAVLOV)