Move-in details for August 2021 are still being finalized, so check back here as the summer progresses.
- The majority of residents - incoming students in residence halls and freshmen in Stouffer Place - will move in on Friday, Aug. 20.
- Scholarship hall residents move in on Thursday, Aug. 19, to participate in training related to their new cooperative living environment.
- Upperclass residents in apartments who are returning to campus begin moving back starting Tuesday, Aug. 17.
- If you are moving in early with a group (for instance, Scholarship Hall Leadership, KU band, ROTC or Panhellenic), additional information will be available soon as Housing finalizes arrangements with each group.
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS BEFORE MOVE IN
- Housing has a limited number of hand carts available for move in, but it may be helpful to bring your own cart or collapsible wagon if you have one.
- Before you arrive, check whether household insurance covers your belongings. Student Housing insurance covers buildings only. Several companies offer policies specifically for students in on-campus housing.
- Monitor your KU email account, as announcements will be sent directly to you through this email address.
Full move-in details are still being finalized, but here are a few important updates:
Student Housing will be announcing arrival times for each area of campus to help control numbers of people who need to use elevators and stairs. If you're unable to meet the arrival time window for your community, just arrive after 4 p.m. However, unlike last year, there are no staged move-in opportunities in which you bring belongings early and return later to stay.
There are no restrictions on the number of guests a resident may invite to assist with move in, but we recommend that any guests be able to walk long distances (in August heat) and climb stairs. Do not bring any pets to move-in day.
COVID-19: Residents are encouraged to get vaccinated prior to arrival on campus. Details about how to upload your vaccine record with Watkins Health Services are being finalized and more information will be available in July. Unvaccinated residents will need to take a COVID-19 test upon checking in at the hall front desk.
Masks and social distancing for residents or guests are optional.
All furniture in the room when you arrive must stay in the room. You can request an adjustment to your bed height upon arrival. Mark (with masking tape) the bed to adjust and the height you want.
Other move-in information that will be available later includes such items as parking, the routes you'll take once you arrive on campus, and more.