cars unloading on move-in day

Move-In 2023

Move-In Date


Move-in Dates

Approved Early Move-ins

• August 12: Panhellenic Recruitment participants

• August 13: Band, ROTC, Jayhawk JumpStart

Group coordinators will confirm dates, times, and details this summer.

August 15

Upper-class returning residents only in Stouffer Place, Jayhawker Towers, McCarthy Hall, Hawker, HERE, and Sunflower Apartments move in on this date.

August 17

Residents in Hashinger, Naismith, Self, and Templin Halls, all Scholarship Halls, and new/first-year residents in Stouffer Place move in on this date.

August 18

Residents in Corbin, Downs, Ellsworth, GSP, Lewis, and Oswald Halls move in on this date.

Move-In Pages

a line of volunteers helping carry boxes and push carts on move-in day

How does move-in day work?

Specific instructions for each hall's move-in day. Find out everything you need to know including maps, parking information, arrival times, and more.
a pair of smiling students helping carry boxes on move-in day

What should I bring?

Here's a suggested packing list to help you consider which items you'll need to bring with you to KU and a list of items that are prohibited.
a comfortable student room with desk, chair, bed, and drawers

What about furniture?

All Student Housing rooms come furnished with the basics, such as a bed, desk, chair, and dresser. Learn more about the specifics of your room, including mattress size and whether beds are lofted or bunked.
a student speaking with the front desk assistant in their hall

How do I mail packages?

Mail and packages can be sent to residents throughout the school year. Find out details about addressing mail and sending packages.

Join JaySquad

KU Student Housing welcomes residents who want to move in early, then volunteer to help other Jayhawks during move-in day.


Due to bridge improvement projects on Kansas Highway 10, westbound travelers headed to Lawrence might experience delays between De Soto and Eudora. Traffic in that corridor has been reduced to a single lane, with the Kansas Department of Transportation cautioning drivers to be prepared for slowing or stopped traffic.

Extensive road construction on East 23rd Street in Lawrence may cause delays as well.

Please plan accordingly. Should you be delayed for your check-in time, don’t worry, we will be ready for you when you arrive.

Are you ready?


@kuhousing Move-in 2023 is right around the corner! For your complete guide of Move-in dates and times, routes to take, what to bring, and more, visit our website: #universityofkansas#ku#kumovein#rockchalk#kuresidencehalls#kuscholarshiphalls#kuapartments♬ original sound - KUHousing

Welcome to the Hill.

Jayhawks helping with move-in