Apply Now, Select Later
If you’re newly admitted – and apply for KU Student Housing and agree to contract terms by May 1, 2019 – you’re guaranteed a space. The earlier you apply, the better your room selection time will be.
Here's a handy checklist:
The application and agreement of contract terms is open now. If you apply by May 1, you are guaranteed a space. The earlier you apply, the better your room selection time will be.
Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee when it appears on your KU Enroll & Pay bill. It will appear several days after your contract is submitted.
Your group number determines your room selection time. Find your group number at myKU and find the selection schedule under the "schedule" tab below.
RoomSync, KU's optional roommate matching service.
KU Student Housing offers RoomSync – a roommate matching software. By using this passcode-protected app, you can meet other new students and potentially find a roommate. We email the app passcode weekly. It goes to prospective KU students with new student housing contracts.
If you wish to apply for a scholarship hall, there are additional steps.
Here's how to apply for KU Student Housing and agree to contract terms
- Choose "myKU" from the uppermost blue navigation bar above or go to the myKU portal page.
- Enter your KU online ID and password.
- Select "Services."
- Click green “Login to Housing” button.
- Click “Apply and Contract”
Pay application fee and agree to contract terms
Payment example: After you apply and sign your contract you’ll receive an e-bill from your KU Enroll & Pay account for the $50 application. Bills are due on the 15th of the following month. Students who receive an application fee waiver from KU Admissions also receive an application fee waiver from KU Student Housing.
Sign into Housing
- Choose "myKU" from the uppermost blue navigation bar above or go to the myKU portal page using a desktop computer, not a tablet or phone.
- Enter your KU online ID and password.
- Click “Services” and click “Student Housing.”
- Click “Sign into Housing.”
- Click "Select a Space and Dining Plan." If you have a preferred roommate you will need the roommate PIN and dining plan.
Please note: As students self-assign or are pulled in as roommates, any remaining spaces in a room, suite or apartment are available for selection by other students. KU Student Housing retains the right to assign or reassign any remaining spaces. Students may reenter the self-assign process to seek a space or building change.
1. Identify your room and dining choices.
Consider your options before choosing your space or before choosing your apartment. Residents who will live in residence halls must also choose a dining plan. View the rates and definition of room type.
2. Sample screen shots and instructions for selecting your space.
- If you have selected a room and want to change your space to another room or hall that has vacancies. (pdf)
- Current housing residents only: How to keep your current space next year (pdf)
- Current housing residents only: How to keep your current space next year with a specific roommate (pdf)
- How to set or change your roommate PIN (pdf)
- How to select a room with a potluck roommate (pdf)
- How to select a room with a specific roommate (pdf)
- How to add a roommate to a room you have selected (pdf)
3. Not sure about roommates? Try Room Sync.
KU Student Housing offers RoomSync as our roommate matching software. By using this passcode-protected app, KU Student Housing will work closely with RoomSync to provide residents the opportunity to interact with other students while finding future roommates. We send you the passcode in an email when RoomSync is available for your use. Watch this simple video to see how it works. If you find a roommate on RoomSync, you will need to know the roommate's PIN and dining plan when you select a room. You may pull in the roommate when you select your space, or you may do it later if there is still space.
Room selection schedule
The room selection schedule for new residence hall residents is available. The remainder of the room selection schedules for 2019-2020 will be posted soon. Room selection for new student housing residents begins in April.
When you choose your room online, you will see the abbreviations for each building name. The abbreviations and the full building name are below. If you have questions, call KU Student Housing, 785-864-4560.