KU Student Housing residents should check out no later than 24 hours after their last final or by closing times, whichever comes first. Residence and Scholarship Halls close at noon Saturday, May 15. Apartments close at 5 p.m., Monday, May 17.
All residents should remain masked and socially distanced during check out. Residents of residence halls and apartments should schedule an appointment with the RA. Scholarship hall residents should schedule an appointment with the Proctor or Food Board Manager, who will ensure that closing shifts are completed.
During the appointment, the staff member will inspect the room for cleanliness, furniture placement, and damages. After the appointment, students will turn in the check-out envelope at the front desk and leave the building.
- Remove room decorations, tape residue, and tacks. Furniture polish removes tape residue.
- Sweep. A mild abrasive pad with an all-purpose cleaner gets scuff marks off your floor.
- Wipe surfaces using a multi-purpose cleaner
- Cleaning supplies are at your front desk.
- Do not leave trash in the hall way.
Keep KU Green
- Drop-off sites are at your hall for clothing, bedding, food, and large items like carpets, cinder blocks, furniture and lumber.
- Donated items will go to local charities.
- Take your trash to the dumpster just outside your hall.
- Guest will be allowed in the building to assist you in moving out of your space. We encourage residents and guest to wear face masks. We ask you to help control the number of people in the building by limiting guests and maintaining appropriate social distancing while moving out.
- You may park close to your building to load your car. No tickets will be given to anyone parked in a designated parking stall. However, do not park in a fire lane or bus lanes and do not park in a handicapped accessible space without the appropriate credentials.
- For residents in Battenfeld, Miller and Watkins Scholarship halls: If you need to park on Lilac Lane to load your vehicles, please see the transportation attendant booth for an hour loading pass. The pass is at no cost and will allow for you to load your car during move out.
- Don’t prop doors and don’t leave unattended belongings in the hall.
- A car full of belongings invites theft – don’t leave your car full overnight.
- Accept help loading your car only from those you know.
- Report suspicious behavior immediately to hall staff or police.
Mail will be forwarded to the address listed in enroll and pay. Students can change their address online through the Enroll and Pay website by following these steps: Home > Enroll and Pay > Campus Personal Information > Addresses
Summer Housing available
Housing is available for the summer. For specific locations and additional information about summer housing go to http://housing.ku.edu/summer-housing
KU Student Housing