This page provides information for all incoming residents in all communities, residence halls, scholarship halls and apartments. The links below are to information specific to each community. Following these instructions will help ensure you have a smooth move-in day experience.
Information for All Residents
KU Student Housing looks forward to move-in and the return of students to our residential communities. To be cleared for move-in this August, KU Student Housing is requiring on-campus residents to either:
- Voluntarily provide proof of completed vaccination for COVID-19 to Watkins Health Services, or
- Participate in COVID-19 entry testing.
To protect the on-campus community from COVID-19, KU Student Housing will follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Kansas Department of Health and Environment regarding quarantine and isolation. Residents who are fully vaccinated will have different requirements for quarantine due to a COVID-19 exposure. We encourage every resident living in on-campus housing to become fully vaccinated to protect themselves and to guard against any spread of COVID-19 in our communities.
To upload your vaccine record to Watkins Health Services, log into Patient Portal with your KU online ID and password. From the homepage, click on the blue button labeled “Enter My COVID-19 Vaccination Information” and follow the instructions to upload a photo of your vaccination card and information.
For unvaccinated residents or those who choose mandatory COVID-19 entry testing to move-in to housing:
- Bring to move-in a copy of a negative COVID-19 test completed within 72 hours of the move-in time, or
- Complete an on-site COVID-19 saliva test as the first step of move-in. You will then wear a mask in public areas until your test result is received in ~48 hours. You will follow COVID-19 isolation procedures should a positive test result require isolation
Pre-Approved Early Arrivals
Early arrivals to campus will be limited to pre-approved groups. You must be on the group’s roster to be permitted early move-in and all COVID-19 entry testing procedures will be followed. Early arrival fees may be charged by either Student Housing or your sponsoring group. In extenuating circumstances, early move-in may be requested and a nightly fee charged to the student.
Student Housing announces arrival times for residents in most communities to help control numbers of people who need to use elevators and stairs.
Find your arrival time window on your hall's move-in page below. If you're unable to meet the arrival time window for your community, please arrive after 4 p.m.
There are no restrictions on the number of guests a resident may invite to assist them with move in. However, all guests should be able to walk long distances in August heat and climb stairs.
Persons with limited mobility should stay at the hall with the student and should not travel to long-term parking locations away from the halls. If concerns about mobility issues arise while in the hall, please contact a staff member. Professional staff members will be wearing a blue KU Student Housing polo shirt.
- Housing has a limited number of hand carts available for move in. It may be helpful to bring your own cart or collapsible wagon if you have one.
- Review our what to bring page for helpful packing lists, prohibited items, move-in tips, and renter's insurance information.
- For information about bed configurations, as well as bed height adjustments, visit our furniture page.
- KU is a Tobacco Free campus and smoking (including e-cigs and vaporizers) is prohibited.
- Pets and alcohol are prohibited in the halls, even on move-in day.